Please read this form carefully. You should be aware, that in signing up and participating in the program, you will be waiving and releasing all claims for injuries you and/or your dog might sustain arising out of this program.
“As a participant in the Murfreesboro Obedience Training Club, Inc.’s program, I recognize and acknowledge that there are certain risks of physical injury, and I agree to assume all risk of all injuries, including death, damages or loss which I or this dog may sustain as a result of participating inany and all activities connected with or associated with this program.”
“I agree to waive and relinquish all claims I may have as a result of participating in the program against the Murfreesboro Obedience Training Club, Inc., and its officers, agents, employees,volunteers, and members.”
“I do hereby fully release and discharge Murfreesboro Obedience Training Club, Inc. and its officers, agents, volunteers, employees, and members from any and all claims resulting from injuries, including death, damages and losses sustained by me or this dog and arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with the activities of the program, or while on the training grounds or the surrounding area thereof.”
“I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless and defend Murfreesboro Obedience Training Club, Inc. and its officers, agents, volunteers, employees, and members from any and all claims by any member of my family or any other person accompanying me to any training session or function of Murfreesboro Obedience Training Club, Inc. or while on the training grounds or the surrounding area
“I understand that the fee I have paid for this class in non-refundable. I understand that if my dog is aggressive toward other students or dogs or disruptive, the Murfreesboro Obedience Training Club, Inc. has the right to prohibit the attendance of my dog at future classes.”
“I have read and fully understand and agree to the Waiver and Release of all Claims.”
1. When you enter the training area, do your best to control your dog and stay away from other dogs. Do Not Allow Eye Contact!!!! Move away from the door entrances to allow other dogs to enter safely.
2. Do not socialize when you have a dog on the lead or when you are training. You are here for one purpose – training your dog – make the most of it.
3. The best shoes to wear for training are low ones with rubber heels. Wear comfortable clothing.
4. NO SMOKING ALLOWED. This is a Tobacco Free Facility.
5. If you have questions, Speak Up. The instructor is not a mind reader. If you don’t understand an exercise, ask. You paid your money to learn, not become confused.
6. Pay strict attention if the instructor takes a dog to help with a problem. This is also part of your training and it might pertain to a problem you are having. Standing still with your dog under control is also part of training.
7. You are expected to work (practice) at home each day for 15 minutes. It is unfair to expect your dog to do the class exercises if you have not done your homework. Do not work your dog after he has eaten. Wait at least 2 hours. On class nights, wait until after class to feed him.
8. No hitting or kicking will be permitted. Only on the instructor’s direction will the hands or feet be used in the training of your dog. Corrections are given through the lead and your voice. IF YOU ABUSE YOUR DOG, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE CLASS. You are here to TEACH your dog, not beat him into submission.
9. Only the dogs that are being trained will be allowed in the training area. NO dogs are allowed off lead unless authorized by the instructor.
10.During the early stages of training, it is best if only one handler works with the dog. Too many inconsistent commands and corrections will do nothing but confuse the dog.
11.Please exercise your dog only in the designated areas. We are very fortunate to be able to have this facility. You are responsible for cleaning up after your dog if he does have an accident. We provide cleaning supplies and will hold your dog for you. ANYONE FOUND VIOLATING THESE REGULATIONS WILL BE EXPELLED FROM CLASS IMMEDIATELY. Most problems of this nature will be eliminated if you exercise your dog thoroughly before bringing him to class and refrain from feeding until after class.
12.NEVER BRING A SICK DOG TO CLASS. If a bitch comes into season, contact your instructor. If possible, the handler is encouraged to come to class without the dog to watch and pick up the homework.
13. We ask that you bring your dog to class on a flat collar and regular leash. No FLEXI LEADS, or chain leads. If your dog requires a harness, head collar or something else please discuss it with your instructor. Do not put tags on a training collar. Do not leave the training collar on the dog all the time; it can be dangerous on an unattended dog.
14.All classes begin promptly, so please come a few minutes early so that you won’t miss any class. Come to all classes – don’t lose continuity – a new lesson is given at each session.
15.Encourage the entire family, living with the dog to come to class so they; too, can learn how we communicate with our dogs.
16.The instructor reserves the right to dismiss any student who refuses to abide by these regulations set forth.
17.No refunds will be given after the first night of class, although credit for future classes may be allowed depending on the circumstances.
18.In case of inclement weather, if Rutherford County closes schools, classes will be also cancelled that night.
1. Visitors must remain out of the immediate training area of the dogs and handlers.
2. Visitors must refrain from loud or boisterous conversation while class is in session.
3. NO CHILDREN ARE ALLOWED TO RUN FREE WHILE CLASS IS IN SESSION.
4. The instructor reserves the right to ask any visitor to leave who is disrupting the class by his behavior.
1. Bathrooms are available, and located in the hallway.
2. Water is available for purchase in the kitchen. Dog training treats are also available for purchase in limited quantities in the kitchen. The kitchen area has recycling bins for plastic bottles and cans. Please pick up and place any items you bring in the appropriate area: trash or recycling.
3. Lost and found bin is across from bathrooms.